Monday, October 04, 2010

WOW - what a racing year it's been. And now with one more Mountain Bike race left on the calendar (Sheboygan) I can't believe it's almost over for another year. Friend Jim F wanted to know when I was going to update the blog again. This is it!

The summer racing went well for Lynne, Ben, and I. We had a blast out west at Nationals in Granby, Colorado. Ben and I then raced the Ore to Shore event in Marquette, Michigan. He took 34th overal and first in his age group. I raced Fat Tire Tire Fest with a goal to go under the 3 hour mark. Goal not made! With conditions being worse this year versus last year I've been told that my finishing time of one minute slower than last year was a pretty good result.

WORS racing has been fun this again. The Open Jr racers have been bringing their 'A' game and racing action has been fast and furious. Lynne and I have done well at many of the WORS events with Lynne taking third this year and me finishing fourth.

Cyclo-cross action began this past weekend for Ben as he raced the WCA Domes race and finished 2nd in the Jr's and around 6th or 7th in Cat 4 men's race - after t-boning a fellow racer that had crashed in front of him and flipping over the bars. Working hard at getting through the crowd lap by lap was a good learning experience for him.

Next up is the Grafton Cyclo-cross and WORS Sheboygan races this weekend. I may even attempt the Grafton race! Until next time.

1 comment:

MTBR said...

Misery loves company...see you Saturday!