Monday, June 18, 2007

WORS #4 - Phillips

No pictures for this week's race.

Update:

Lynne finisahed second in her class, 6th overall. Good for her.

I finished 8th in my age group and 68th overall. Not bad for a race that started out dry! I say started out dry and you're thinking oh brother it rained again. You are correct. It started raining after the first lap and a half. Thunder and lightning added to the event. Dry and dusty conditions quickly turned into wet and greasy in some spots.

Anyhow, I finished without any incidents or accidents. I had heard a comment that one unfortunate rider crashed into a tree and smashed the TREK TopFuel carbon frame he was racing. He too ended in the hospital for observation with a suspected concussion - possible broken collar bone too.

That's all for now.

No comments: