Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hey All - update for the week.

Well, with a new year underway, you might be asking yourself; what more can a guy do to have fun in the great outdoors?

How about climbing a mountain?

Plans and fitness building have begun. Weekly trips to the local indoor climbing gym have begun. Purchases of the all important gear has also begun.

Where are you going you might be asking?

Here! Mount Rainier.



Sunrise on the mountain.



Our intended route up.



Now this is what I'm calling cross-training for mountain bike race season!

See ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is not Candy but I cannot post to your blog cause I'm not a blogger so I'll pretend to be her. I'm curious as what you've climbed before? Have you spent much time at altitude? Are you doing this with a guide service? If so, which one? I've climbed some peaks and spent some time at the higher elevations in the continental US. Altitude does some strange things to some people, so make sure that you get used to it for a while before you go to high. Otherwise you may have to turn around because of altitude sickness. Keep me posted. By the way, when are you doing this and got room for another?

sugs